Sophie Lamond is the co-founder of the Fair Food Challenge and GIF17 speaker. Find out more about her with our “Fast Five” questions.
1. What was your dream job growing up?
SL: It changed constantly. It went from hairdresser, forensic psychologist, costume designer, geneticist to curator, which is what I ended up being before I got into food systems.
2. If you could master one skill that you don’t already have, what would it be?
3. If we were able to live on Mars now, would you sign up to go?
SL: No, I like earth, its humans and all their complexities,
4. If you could abolish one piece of modern technology, what would it be and why?
SL: Probably hydraulic fracturing machinery – I’m not keen on exploiting unconventional energy sources for obvious reasons.
5. If you could speak to everyone in the world at the same time, what would you say?
SL: Waste less, conserve more, let’s work together on constructive global action on climate change.
Turn your passion into action at #GIF17.