Get the topline on keynote speaker Maxine Mackintosh with our “Fast Five” questions.
1. What was your dream job growing up?
MM: I think I was a pretentious child so thought being an astronaut would be fun. My current dream job is to run a community centre with my partner, or own a fancy dress shop. Or both.
2. If you could master one skill that you don’t already have, what would it be?
MM: Yoga. I just don’t get it. But I’m jealous of everyone who seems to respond to it like some drug-induced high. I have yet to been converted.
3. If we were able to live on Mars now, would you sign up to go?
4. If you could abolish one piece of modern technology, what would it be and why?
MM: Self-scanners in supermarkets. They never work. And no, there is not an unidentified item in the bagging area!
5. If you could speak to everyone in the world at the same time, what would you say?
MM: I’ve got nothing to say to everyone that isn’t a bit goony. But if I could hear everyone in the world, I would ask them to tell me about what or who they love the most. Then you would just get hit with 7.5 billion people grinning from ear-to-ear telling you stories filled with joy and love and all-round goodness. How nice would that be?!
Turn your passion into action at #GIF17.