At GIF17, Ben McMenamin will be running a workshop that seeks to answer the question, ‘how might we develop relationships between producers and eaters and establish a more connected food system?’. Before you catch him at the Forum, find out more about him with our “Fast Five” questions.
1. What was your dream job growing up?
BM: I wanted to be a paleontologist. I was always interested in dinosaurs, discovering new things and how the world works.
2. If you could master one skill that you don’t already have, what would it be?
BM: I would love to be able to play the guitar. Playing music is really relaxing and would love it to actually sound good as well!
3. If we were able to live on Mars now, would you sign up to go?
BM: No, we have so much beauty here on Earth and lots of amazing people doing exciting things.
4. If you could abolish one piece of modern technology, what would it be and why?
BM: I would abolish GMO technology. We have such an amazing range of heirloom food varieties that contribute to healthy environments, we just need to use them more. GMO food is presented as a Silver Bullet, but it has a lot of negative outcomes as well.
5. If you could speak to everyone in the world at the same time, what would you say?
BM: Be nice to one another.
Turn your passion into action at #GIF17.