global ideas forum is without doubt one of the most informative, innovative, engaging and fun ways to contribute to the important global health issues of our time
— prof rob moodie am
Our world is at a tipping point.
Aid budgets are shrinking, nationalism is growing, and the climate is changing.
Somewhere between Trump and superbugs, the world is becoming increasingly volatile….
How might we feed a growing population?
How might we sustain the planetary systems that support life on earth?
How might we mitigate the worst impacts of climate change on human health?
How might we bridge political and social divides for better health?
Global health in a volatile world: people, politics and planet.
With challenges come opportunities. Global Ideas Forum 2017 is your chance to understand and build innovative solutions for global health.
Over 2.5 days, across keynotes and panels, skill workshops, Design Sprints, social gatherings, and more, #GIF17 is diving head-first into the biggest challenges facing global and planetary health today.
From technology to grassroots movements, momentum is coming from a new generation of global changemakers. #GIF17 is your place to learn, connect, collaborate and reimagine our future, with 200 passionate changemakers.
No matter whether you’re a campaigner, clinician, adventurer, entrepreneur or community worker, Global Ideas Forum is your platform to create better health for all.
Keynote speaker has been announced as Senator Richard di Natale.
View the full program.
Over 2.5 days, you and 150 delegates will experience:
- Inspiring keynote presentations that will stretch your mind with big picture ideas
- Panel discussions that dive deeper into the challenges, interrogate them from different angles and imagine opportunities
- Small skill-building workshops to connect with others and create solutions
- An intimate group introduction to design thinking through “Design Sprints”
- A diverse cultural program
- Social events on Friday and Saturday night with wine, beer and food
- Ample opportunities to meet new people, make new friends and build your networks
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on both Saturday and Sunday
- Endless coffee!
All of this is included in the one ticket.
View the program.
Location: Arts West Precinct, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic.
Date and time: Fri., 08/09/2017, 5:30 pm – Sun., 10/09/2017, 4:30 pm