Kate Lardner and Harry Jennens founded Healthy Futures – an organisation of health professionals, students and community members taking action to address climate change and related threats to health. Before you catch them at GIF17, get to know them a little better with our “Fast Five” questions.
1. What was your dream job growing up?
Kate Lardner: Veterinarian.
Harry Jennens: I don’t think I really had one, but “video game tester” always had its appeal.
2. If you could master one skill that you don’t already have, what would it be?
KL: To sing (well).
3. If we were able to live on Mars now, would you sign up to go?
KL: No. I want to continue to appreciate the beauty of what we have, and continue the fight to make it a better place.
HJ: Not unless Kate was going.
4. If you could abolish one piece of modern technology, what would it be and why?
KL: Carbon capture and storage. It’s a joke. Let’s deal with the real issue here, namely the mitigation of climate change.
HJ: Nuclear weapons. We’d be safer without them
5. If you could speak to everyone in the world at the same time, what would you say?
KL: Please donate to healthyfutures.net.au ! We are awesome, you won’t regret it. Future generations will thank us.
HJ: I’m not sure I’d say anything. Everyone’s coming from different circumstances, I’m not convinced there is any one message that would be useful for everyone. But I’d be interested to hear what everyone else thinks. I think most people want to be heard more than they want to be told what to think.
Turn your passion into action at #GIF17.